Automatic Visa Revalidation

If you are traveling to Canada, Mexico, or an adjacent island for 30 days or less, you may be eligible to re-enter the U.S. on an expired U.S. visa under a process called “automatic visa revalidation.” For more information, please visit the Department of State’s Automatic Revalidation webpage.

If you are planning to re-enter the U.S. under the automatic visa revalidation process, we recommend you carry with you the Department of States’s Automatic Visa Revalidation Fact Sheet and CBP’s relevant regulations. If you will be traveling by air, you should confirm that your airline is familiar with the visa revalidation process and will issue you a boarding pass when returning to the U.S. even though you have an expired U.S. visa in your passport.