B-1/ B-2 Visitors


The B-1 status is for a visitor coming temporarily to the United States for short term business. The B-2 status is generally for pleasure or medical treatment. Visitors may use the B-1/B-2 visa for brief stays, usually less than six months, to participate in scientific, educational, professional or business conventions, conferences, or seminars.  The consulate issues a B-1/B-2 visa stamp.  When applying for the visitor visa stamp, the stamp is a combined stamp.  When the individual enters the U.S., the officers at Customs and Border Protection admit them as a tourist for business or a tourist for pleasure.