Who qualifies as a TN?

The TN nonimmigrant classification permits qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level. You must have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer, such as UW-Madison. You cannot obtain TN status on your own. Your hiring department/unit must initiate the process with IFSS.